Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's in my blood, literally

Today was my NS medical check-up. met aaron and adhitya just coming out of the building, and they warned me, like so many others before me have, to watch out for the mental aptitude test. at first, i took their words with a pinch of salt. i thought, it's just answering mcq questions in front of a computer; how hard could it be?

so anyway, i'll fast-forward through the check-up cos there wasnt really anything special about it. just the usual urine, blood, teeth, chest x-ray, eyes, ears, hegith and weight, and finally blood pressure. by the way, it seems that for now im a PES D, cos my mum has thalassemia minor (a genetic blood disorder that causes abnormally low haemoglobin count) and it might pass on to me, so the doctors wanna run additional tests on my blood. so at least till one month later, im certified unfit for NS :D

and now, the mental aptitude test. it was CRAZY. firstly, it was hard; in fact, it was a killer test. number sequences and picture patterns that made no sense whatsoever. secondly, and more importantly, it was freaking TWO HOURS LONG. i knew it would be long, but two whole hours is freakin overkill.

sometimes i wonder if the only reason why people talk to me is to ask me about homework. i know it's a very pessimistic and cynical way of thinking, but it really applies very well to some of the people i know. or maybe it's just cos im in a really bad mood today. i dont really know why; maybe it has to do with the loss of blood from the medical test. maybe i am thalassemic after all :/