Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tempered by flames

I have been condemned by my econs teacher for quite some time now, and now it seems that i've also officially been blacklisted by my gp teacher. definitely not living up to the hype from last year. the interesting thing to note is that i honestly havent been putting in any less (or more) effort into either subject compared to last year, but the feedback i get is so vastly different.  maybe it has to do with the fact that we're SH2s now. maybe it's because the school expects so much from me particularly. probably it's a lethal cocktail of both. sadly, im ashamed to admit that i have failed. as a representative of the school, i have failed. as a student, i have failed. even as a person who's only duty is to give an honest effort, i have failed.

i really miss the undercover days. the days when nobody knew who i was, or cared about my grades as long as i scrape a pass, or chased me for homework beyond the minimum 70~% completion. those were the days when the dean didnt interrogate you every time she hears the faintest rumour that you havent been doing homework, and when teachers didnt use "it's because of your 2 H3s" every time you cant hand in homework on time.

but of course, the best medicines are always bitter. i guess no matter how strongly i feel against this kind of zero-tolerance discipline, i cant really argue that it wont be beneficial to me come the A levels. for the first time ever, im gonna be pushed to my limit, pushed beyond 100% even. and if i survive, it'll be one heck of a transformation.

IF i survive.

thanks bryan for helping sort out my thoughts. future no-life mugger buddies ftw! :D