Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Recurring dream

Well, not exactly, but if you have the same dream for two nights in a row then it's probably more significant than your average dream, right? so anyway, here's how it goes:

i'm with a whole group of students sitting on a stage in a hall, and everything is dark except for the spotlights, which are aimed directly at us. even though i can barely see further than the end of the stage, somehow i get the feeling that it isn't the hall in NJC, but rather the one all the way back in ai tong, my primary school. we're all wearing some kind of uniform with shiny buttons, but i can't remember if it's NJC or cat high. then i see a silhouette pacing off-stage, and i hear mr tek's voice. i can't remember his exact words, but he's talking about our prelim grades. he says that on the whole the cohort did averagely well, but then he turns his head towards my general direction (it's too dark to see if he's really looking at me) and says that there's a certain group of people who fared way below average. at this point of time, everyone suddenly has their prelim certificate, seemingly pulled out from thin air. i peek at the guy next to me, who scored AAAA/B. then i realise that i don't have my certificate with me, and somehow i come to the conclusion that i left it at home (even though i have no recollection of anything before this point, and therefore have no idea what my grades are).

and then i wake up.

i honestly have no idea what to make of it, except that it gives me a general feeling of foreboding :/