Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Top-heavy

Got back physics paper 3 today. i don't know how i should feel. well, i passed, and it's not a borderline pass, so i should be happy. in reality though, i feel very disappointed in myself. i'll admit it: i got complacent, and now i'm reaping what i sowed. people will probably say that i'm overreacting; after all, it's not that horrendous a score, and there's still hope with papers 1 and 2, but in spite of all that i still think - scratch that, i know that this has been my worst paper ever. not because i may be getting a low score, but because i didn't perform to my potential. i still remember when i was a kid in primary school, my mom would say that she didn't care what my raw score for the exam was, as long as i tried my best and put in my utmost effort. well, this time i didn't, and now i'm rightfully suffering for it. i won't blame anyone or begrudge anything; this is entirely and utterly my own doing.

When confidence gets too large for foundations to support
When success gets too great for effort to fuel
When head gets too heavy for feet to anchor
Even giants will topple to their knees