Sunday, June 5, 2011

Still Alive

Last Friday was the first and only IPPT of my SI life (since the other one was cancelled due to Cat 1), and I finally managed to do 8 pull-ups, jumping from a fail to a silver. That's great and all, but I still wonder if I could have done 6 pull-ups if I just tried a little bit harder 2 months ago in BMT, and maybe gone to SCS with my friends. Oh well, regret is useless now, and getting an extra hundred bucks now is nothing to frown about.

I had to do guard duty from Friday to Saturday, after which I went for an 09SH27 gathering, which consisted of Yicen, Michelle, Brenda, Loo, J.Tan, Junjie and finally Jacob, whom I haven't seen since his fateful enlistment into NDU. It was unfortunate that many of the gang couldn't make it due to field camp, but still it was nice to have a lunch outing again. We had lunch at Everything With Fries, which we decided should strive to become EWLF (Everything With Less Fries) or EWAAF (Everything With Appropriate Amount of Fries), because seriously not a single person at the table managed to finish their fries. After lunch, Yicen the organiser abandoned us to fetch J.Gan back from PRBI, leaving the rest of us, plus Tzumi who just joined us, to wander around finding something to do. After moving from place to place, we stumbled upon a flea market at Scape where the girls went shopping and the guys queued up for Gong Cha, and then we all split up. Oh well, at least the class spirit is still kind of alive, if by "class spirit" you mean the lack thereof between the guys and girls. I don't know why I still get slightly saddened by this.

Oh yes, and the combination of IPPT on Friday with no sleep due to guard duty and way too many fries made me really sick on Saturday night XP but all is well now.