Saturday, July 2, 2011

Army talk

A few things going on in my life right now.

23 SIG BN is a pretty cool place, definitely not the worst place a signaler man could end up in. The commanders are mostly nice guys you can talk cock with, so all's good. Except, of course, the location -.- Also, we're going for Exercise Wallaby which is somewhere in [secret Australian place (actually I don't know where it will be held either)], so I'll be on exercise for two months :(

Perhaps I wanted something else before, but I'm now comfortable with my lot. So should the opportunity arise again, what should I do? Status quo or stretching my limits? Or am I setting myself up for disappointment?

George Orwell wrote in the book 1984: "If there is hope, it lies with the proles", but together with hope we find chaos. You can get millions of underlings to carry you up on their shoulders, but those same proletariats can easily throw you down.

There are so many things I could be doing with my time right now, chief among them researching on US universities, studying for SATs and learning driving, but somehow being in the army totally takes the drive out of you to do anything besides laze around.

There is much to learn in the army; there is much yet for me to learn.