Sunday, December 18, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

The rest of the family have gone on vacation to Thailand, leaving me alone to deal with an ATP that I will most likely not get marksman for. Oh well. For now, I'm staying at my grandmother's house over the weekend since nobody else is at home. Somehow, I find it nostalgic and heartwarming to be back in the Bishan area again, even though it's only been about 6 months since I left.

Yesterday was the 09SH27 Ultimate Christmas Steamboat Feast 2011, which actually went much better than I had initially expected. The guys were of course as awesome as ever, and I finally managed to get hold of Jacob (minus hair) and Rayson (minus specs). Not only that, the girls were also surprisingly not congealed into their usual clique and there was some earnest, if not overdue, class bonding (at least from my point of view). There was steamboat; there was gift exchange; there was Jeremy getting scalded repeatedly; there was SSBB and Band Hero; there was "(VERB) ALL THE (NOUNS)" and "like a nice". Overall, it was a genuinely fun class reunion, and for that there are a few people I need to thank: 09SH27, for being great company to have; Edmund, for the super classy 2012 daily planner which I swear to put to good use next year (and on a related note, I guess boo to Yicen for calling my awesome potion tumbler "ok lah" instead of "the totally awesome light which shall henceforth guide the rest of my life"); and I think most importantly, thanks to Tzumi for being such a great hostess and for letting us more or less trash her house for the sake of this gathering. Perhaps we really should have a CNY gathering :)

At this point, it's a matter of me panicking because there's not enough time, and there being not enough time because I spend it all panicking.