Sunday, April 22, 2012

Funtasia

Went back to NJ yesterday to attend their Funtasia fund-raiser, and chatted a bit with some of my ex-teachers and fellow ex-NJCians in the process. I have to say that the school has changed quite a bit from when I was there, even though it's only been two years. For some reason, I just get the impression that it feels more... vibrant? Quite a few things that I don't think the management would have green-lighted before were present during the carnival, including a bouncy gladiator arena which we promptly booked all to ourselves for the purpose of a five-way deathmatch. You read that right: five 20-year-old NSFs paid $15 to get into an inflatable ring and beat each other silly with inflatable axes and foam punching gloves. I have crazy friends, yes.

Missing the days of whispering jokes to each other and/or sleeping during lessons and lectures, eating together during breaks and making the slowest guy return all the plates, trying to do homework together after school but ending up playing Monopoly Deal/basketball/frisbee instead... The list goes on. Oh well, you'll never enjoy the preset if your mind is caught in the past.