Sunday, April 1, 2012

Murphy's executioner

Last Friday was, without a doubt, the absolute worst day I've ever had as an NSF and a strong contender for worst day of my life. I am not exaggerating when I say that every little thing that could have gone wrong did, stretching out what was supposed to be a half-day errand into a two-day marathon of malfunctions and breakdowns. To recap exactly what happened would be a long and tiring process, so let's just drop the subject and hopefully one day I will live to forget this ever happened.

Met up with some 09SH27 guys yesterday at Island Creamery to have a chilling and talking session. It was great to see people whom I haven't seen for a long time, like Victor, Kexuan and Rayson. Yicen came too, but she was the only representative from the girls' side, so you can see how well this supposed class outing turned out. Business as usual, as far as attendance is concerned. Still, we had a pretty good time, and I simultaneously discovered my new favourite ice cream flavour and the fact that nobody else shares my taste in ice cream (it's alright if no one else likes you, Burnt Caramel, you'll always have me!). After Island Creamery, we went to Adam Road hawker center to wait for Zikai, Guanhao and Darrell, only to find out that they were at Island Creamery the whole time -.- So we backtracked and chatted for another half hour or so. It never ceases to amaze me how you can have entire conversations develop out of nowhere as long as you have the right company.

Sometimes, unintentional callousness can be just as bad as intentional manipulation.