Saturday, March 13, 2010

I shall be your puppet for now

Like it or not, it seems that im becoming quite the conversation topic in NJC. or more specifically, the fact that i got a B for chinese. apparently even the VP has heard of me - joshua was telling me that she was asking him abt me during the boarding school formal dinner (and she didnt even get my name right -.-). i'd like to think that NJC just cares so much abt me that they want to help me release my untapped potential, but given the fact that majority of the people persuading me to retake chinese "from the goodwill of their hearts" have never seen me before and probably cant recognise me on a busy street, im guessing that their priority lies with the school and not the student. after all, who cares who the hell i am, as long as im an NJCian and i get 9 distinctions, right? it feels kind of demeaning to be treated as NJC's unwilling mascot, but i guess i do want to do well for my A levels anyway. so i guess since we have a common interest, i shall be your puppet for now.

today was the senior-junior testimonial match. i think the team has finally gotten their killer instincts back, and our offense was finally decent. final score was 1-1, with lots of other near-goals from both sides. i think if we play against TPJC like how we did this morning, then we can definitely win and end our season with a bang. edwin talked to us after the match about training next year's team, and i feel that what he said made a lot of sense. if we dont pass down our skills to our juniors, and if the trend of hockey players not coming to NJC persists, the hockey team will be hitting a reset button every year. only if we ensure that our juniors are at least as good as us will we be able to have some progress, and eventually restore NJ Hockey to it's former glory (there was a time when we were actually winning medals T_T)

suddenly thought that this song really suits my situation now. Master Of Puppets, by Metallica: