Friday, October 15, 2010

Pictorial journal

Well, I went for the interview. Honestly, I can't tell how well it went. All I know is that DSTA very strongly encourages all the applicants to take EEE. Literally half the interview was the interviewer talking about the versatility and utility of EEE in the defense science field. Admittedly, although I did state before that I've always wanted to do science instead of engineering, I also have to concede that I find the idea of engineering to be rather appealing as well. It brings me back to the old days in Cat High robotics, where we tried various means to complete the inane mission objectives of various competitions. On a side note, I met the SJI church gang minus Lionel at the Macritchie bus stop on the way home from the interview, which resulted in epic reactions from them ("What's with the jeans? And COLLARED SHIRT?!").

Tomorrow is our last day as students of NJC. Looking through some of my pictures on Facebook, I realised that since I only created my account at the start of last year (yes, I am a technological n00b), all of my current photos basically form a pictorial journal of my life in NJ. That's 536 pictures plotting the course of my two-year journey:

OG17
09SH27
Hockey
NJ136
Boarding School
OGL Camp
OG10
Hockey juniors
'A' divs
09SH28

Looking through the photos, nostalgia was inevitable. I don't care what anyone else says about NJ or JC life in general; tough as it may be, stressful as it may be, I can truthfully say that I thoroughly enjoyed my two years here, and life in NJ will be fondly remembered when it ends for good. Even though I know that the odds are against it, I genuinely hope that all of us can keep in contact after the 'A' levels.

We have to move on, but we don't have to move away.