Sunday, January 22, 2012

I used to want you dead, but now I only want you gone

Sometimes, I like to hunker down for a heavy dose of introspection and retrospection, examining what went right or wrong with my life and myself, and figuring out how I can make myself a better person from those experiences. Other times, I like to watch stupid videos on the Internet while chuckling to myself while family members scramble to find the IMH hotline. Right now, it's the latter.

This first video has a deceptively tame title. Seriously, you need to watch this, even if you don't play the game (fyi I've only ever played MvC 1 on the original PS)





I've always wondered how I can stare at nyancat for what seems like several eternities without being able to turn away. The answer, of course, is awesome subconscious hallucinations. And did I mention that I LOVE this new nyancat song?




Yup, a ten-minute loop of the song. But you probably already guessed that it was coming.



This last video is the ending credits of Portal 2, coupled with yet another great theme song from Jonathan Coulton, Want You Gone. It's weird how I've fallen in love with the ending credit songs of both Portal and Portal 2 while having never played either of those games before. I know I'm missing out on a lot, but in case you didn't know, I only trust my laptop to run games with Plants vs Zombies-like graphics intensity, so I'll grab a copy of Portal 2 as and when I feel like my laptop would be more awesome with a self-destruct function.