Monday, May 24, 2010

Heads or tails?

Ms Chua. methinks she's frustrated at me. whenever i happen to meet her face to face, one on one, outside of the classroom or group setting, she seems to talk to me in a certain tone of frustration, maybe impatience. it doesn't matter what she happens to be saying, the words between her words remain largely the same: you can do better; i want to see you do better. but can i really? i've always maintained that my essay during last year's common test was a fluke, and so far the evidence only strengthens my belief that what i did then was purely coincidental and non-repeatable. still, just like most other people, she now measures me with a yardstick i know i will never match again, let alone surpass. i guess it all boils down to whether i'm right in saying that i have reached my limit, or if she's right in saying that i haven't. am i wrong, or is she mistaken? somehow i think that i should know best when i can go no further.