Sunday, May 9, 2010

The only thing I ask of You

Today is mothers' day, so happy mothers' day everyone! :D although if you're reading my blog then you're probably around my age, and if you're already a mother then... well, i shan't be judgmental; happy mothers' day nonetheless :)

earlier today, my mom showed me a letter from the bank. apparently my grandfather had entrusted his three daughters with all his CPF money upon death, and this was when they were only 6 and 3 years old. such love for his daughters, that regardless of what happened in the future he was willing to reserve everything for them. although most of his CPF was depleted through the house and his bypass surgeries, i could still see that my mom's eyes were wet.

anyway, the family went over to my cousin's house to have a combined mothers' day celebration for my paternal side of the family. i spent most of the time as i always do at his house, pretending that im a multi-instrumentalist with the help of guitar hero. then my aunt (as usual) had this very dramatic idea of getting all the children to kneel down in front of their mothers, serve them tea and wash their feet in a washbasin. so that's what we did, and i have to say it's quite a meaningful.

quote of the day is a conversation snippet between two of my cousins who were booking a football field for tonight.
Are you sure there are still football fields available for tonight?
Of course lah! Who will play football on Mothers' Day? 
it's amazing how we can be so oblivious to the hypocrisy of our own actions.

to end off, here's Dear God by A7X, off their self-titled album. recently i've been addicted to A7X's less heavy offerings for some reason :/



i think i shall use a quote from the song to end off the post:
Dear God, the only thing I ask of You is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away.
 im sure that ten years down the road when we all lead our own lives, this will be at the back of everyone's minds. happy mothers' day everyone.