Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dinners

Friday was my last day of work for the week. There was a sharing session, first among the interns where I pretty much just sat around and talked cock with the fellow slackers from my room, then from the sensors division who talked about some pretty cool technology which I'm afraid of sharing in case I get gunned down by snipers for releasing classified information (or get a pay cut). My group also had a real-life lesson, as opposed to leeching off the MIT website, but it was barely more than staring at slides and nodding politely. Still, work is an overall enjoyable experience with my new-found colleague-intern-friends, and I can really count myself lucky to be grouped with laxing people like them :)

After work, I headed down to Marina Square Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe for dinner with OG10, where once again we stayed for hours after all of us had finished our food to annoy everyone within earshot (which was a lot of people, considering how loud we were). After so many weeks in planning and so many postponements, it finally happened! :) Due to some communication problems we couldn't get everyone over, but we still got 11 of us. It was crazy and random as usual, and as always the same old jokes and scandals got refueled -.- Sometimes I wonder what they talk about when I'm not around, because my presence seems to generate the most conversation (and subsequently the most . I guess some scandals never die... (unfortunately) All in all, it was a great time, albeit filled with many facepalm moments (for me anyway).

The next day, I went out for dinner with jacob, junjie, victor and edmund to console junjie over missing the chalet haha. So anyway we went to the AMK Hub Pepper Lunch Express for dinner (minor lulz when jacob complained about his spaghetti before realising that he forgot to add the sauce that was provided), then went up to the cinema to see if there was anything worth watching, but unfortunately The Fighter (I want to catch this movie before going to Tekong!) isn't released in Singapore yet and everything else just didn't seem worth it, so we walked to the playground opposite AMK library to experience "The Spinny Thing of Doom" (according to jacob), which is best described as a rope pyramid with a merry-go-round at its base. So lots of hanging on to dear life on that contraption, some swinging, some sand-playing and lots of general immature behaviour and we went home. Hope to have a few more outings with friends like this before enlisting.

Random video of randomness!!!



:D