Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Renovation

Today on the bus I was thinking to myself: "I post a lot of retarded pictures and videos on Facebook and Twitter, so shouldn't I post them on my blog too?" I'm only putting a fraction of the nonsense I enjoy everyday into my posts and already I keep finding myself having to resort to awkward "on a random note..." connectors to bring them in, so I thought that it might be a good idea to finally relent and start a Tumblr just like seemingly everyone else. But since I'm a lazy technologically-impaired duck who doesn't want to abandon his Blogger for a Tumblr and can't be bothered to keep both running at the same time, I decided to compromise and create a new labeling system for my posts. From now on, my posts will be free of irrelevant pictures and videos and under "Words", and all the random stuff that I compulsively feel that I have to share with the world will be filed under "Not words", so you can click either heading to sieve out what you want to see. Alternatively, you can click neither and be treated to the chaotic mess which is my mind. Like an actual Tumblr, I'll try to update with "Not words" posts as frequently as I can, hopefully at least once a day whenever I have access to a computer (this really shouldn't be too difficult seeing how my daily ritual involves visiting failblog and various webcomics).

Did I mention that I played CS during work today? That's right, my job is officially more awesome than yours :) It's gonna end in less than a week, and it's bittersweet for me. On the one hand, I'll definitely appreciate not having to wake up at 6.30am everyday to reach work on time, but on the other hand it's been a really great close-to-a-month with the bunch of new friends I met at DSO. In any case time marches on, so there's no use dwelling on the past.