Thursday, January 20, 2011

March of music

Went for dinner with a bunch of 28 people at the AMK S11 today, basically just ate and talked, then moved on to the AMK Hub Macdonald's for ice-cream and watching soccer. Nothing particularly special about this dinner, but enjoyable all the same. I notice that I've been going out for dinner with friends a lot lately, but it's really now or never since I'll be going off to NS in a few weeks' time. By the way, I got shifted from BMTC school 2 to school 1, which means that I'm now further from the jetty T_T Unfortunately, it also means that I'll no longer be with the huge number of friends who were also in school 2 with me. Well, at least I know that josias and guanhao have been shifted over too, so maybe a few more friends have come over as well.

With new album releases from both The Human Abstract and Protest The Hero, March looks set to be the most epic month of the year, and I'm predicting that even though it's only January now. THA just released a new song, Patterns, and the album art for Digital Veil:


I'm loving their new style with heavier metal combined with a heavier classical influence. This looks set to rock the musical world when it comes out. And personally I think the album art looks cool too :)

Still no new song from PTH (why oh why! :( ), but they did release the title of their upcoming album, Scurrilous, as well as the album art:


Yes, it does look like something out of a drug addict's dream, but there's a background story to this. This is actually a painting done by the bassist Arif's grandfather a long time ago, and the name of the painting was Scurrilous. I did some research on the title and it turns out that it isn't a made-up word: "scurrilous" is actually an antiquated word meaning "vulgar or crude", which I think is a hint at theme of the album. Also, we can infer where Arif got his stoner genes from.

Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm drifting too much. There are people my age already making investments and actively working towards university offers, while I'm here living each day by the day and waiting for things to happen. I'm just afraid that if I even try to do things on my own I'll screw up completely. I'd rather wait and see what everyone else does, even if it means losing early bird privileges.