Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meta-post?

Do I have an emo blog?

Well, personal blogs are meant for people to express their emotions and obviously frustration is one of those emotions that really needs to be vented for a healthy state of mind, so it shouldn't be striking that many personal blogs are more on the emo ranting side. Still, there are certain implications of FML-ing on a blog. Does it make you a drama queen who loudly proclaims her every little grouse hoping for swarms of concerned people to rush to her consolation? If not, why post your rants in a public medium like a blog if you're not trying to get attention?

Personally, I think that for myself at least, blogging is sort of a compromise between keeping your feelings bottled up within yourself and blaring them out for everyone and their neighbour to hear. I like to think that I'm not being too much of a whiner but still have a few people in the vast ocean of the internet to hear what I have to say. I guess in a way it's like a non-religious session of confession. And also instead of being repentant for our sins, we flame unsatisfactory aspects of our lives, but hey, nothing is sacred on the internet.

Oh look, I just posted all that on a blog.

On a random note (I think thats my most frequently used phrase on this blog), "look at this toaster" is starting to go viral. I really hope it becomes a full-fledged meme, because really it's pretty awesome :)

Now, I may have a slightly above-average taste for hardcore music, but I don't usually dabble in extreme metal. That being said, I'm pretty captivated by this song by extreme progressive metal band Meshuggah called Bleed:



And to wean all y'all non-metalheads, here's the same song "diluted" with a some pop:



I say "diluted" with quotation marks because Paparazzi actually does a pretty good job at complimenting the other songs. Both are pretty awesome :)