Friday, January 21, 2011

Drift Along

My recent posts have been about my day-to-day experiences, but now I'm shifting my thoughts to events in the near future... If you glanced at that countdown clock at the top-right corner, you'd have guessed right.

I've said this so many times before that I think it would have become pretty annoying to hear, but I'm completely unprepared for NS. Between catching up with friends and working, I barely had time to work up a sweat. For one thing, I know that I'm gonna fail my pull-ups, and that's before factoring all the near-fails I had during NAPFA (chiefly sit-ups).

Work's ending soon, and then I'll have roughly a week left before going into Tekong. Part of me wants to stage a last-ditch effort to get into shape, but the other part is asking how much I can improve in that short time. If I can't make much of a difference anyway, wouldn't I be better off spending my last week living it up to the fullest? In any case it's CNY week, so I'll most likely default to the latter option anyway.

Whatever, I don't need or want any fancy rank there. I'm currently just aiming to survive the two years so there's no need to go all protein powder-obsessed all of a sudden.