Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Apathy

The new year is in 3 days, and work will start soon after. Surprisingly I don't feel nervous right now, but then again I haven't exactly been doing anything these past few days so there isn't much of a trade-off anyway. Well, there is the class chalet that I'll unfortunately be missing a large part of, and the 90min commute from DSTA to NSRCC to join them for dinner for those three days doesn't sound very appealing either, but nonetheless I'm looking forward to it :) There're also the outings with OG10 and 4A, which up to this point are still unconfirmed, but it seems most likely that once again I'll have to join up with them later if they do come to fruition. And it might come as surprising for me to say this, but despite all the calendar clashes that have occurred because of it, I am looking forward to this internship. I really want to know more about what will (hopefully!) be my future employer, and about engineering in general. Plus I'm definitely not complaining about the $55 a day ( :D ), though I don't think I'll be spending it anytime soon, seeing how I'll very soon be going off for my all-expenses-paid island resort getaway.


I've given up trying to care about the whole university thing. Heck, I've got two more years to think about it, and no one else is even bothering, so why should I? Drifting along and doing nothing has always been my forte anyway. Does that make me lazy and underachieving? Probably, but I never denied any of that anyway. Seeing friends and acquaintances planning and mapping out their oh-so-bright futures while you're at home rotting away can get rather depressing at times, but mediocrity is something you get accustomed to eventually.

I know that there are so many things that I could and should be doing, but I just don't know what they are, and I've given up trying to find out.