Thursday, December 9, 2010

Underwhelming

OK, so more about the BBQ yesterday. It was at victor's house and it was the standard fare of fried rice, hotdogs and chickens. Of course, most of it was undercooked or overcooked (note to self: ensure that at least one person at every BBQ actually knows fully what he's doing). And of course, it eventually degenerated into a pyromania session. Everything from matches and firestarters to cheese tofu (dofu!) and marshmallows were burnt to ashes :D Then we presented junjie with his cake, but not before doing something stupid: we put it on a paper plate and actually got it to float on the swimming pool! :D No birthday cake can ever be as cool as the one that floats on water.

After we cleaned up the mess we created, we went up to victor's house where I had my first taste of liquor (which was disgusting by the way; I still don't see the appeal of alcohol), then it was talking cock, taking photos and playing monopoly deal until we went home. I said this before, and I know it's too late for you to see this, but good luck in there junjie! :D

I more or less forgot that I'm leaving for Penang in the morning and I'll only be back on Monday. Can't really say that I'm looking forward to this trip though, there just isn't the same anticipation as with other trips I've had (come on, I even forgot about it). Oh well, in any case I'll be off tomorrow no matter what, so bye guys.