Saturday, November 6, 2010

9 before 29

3 more days. 2 more days actually, if you don't count today (after all it's already close to 11pm). Every bone in my body wants to go into overdrive, to deprive myself of food and rest just to squeeze in those precious few more minutes of revision, but the mind must resist. As counterintuitive as it may seem, I think the important thing now are to clam the mind and quieten the heart. Oh, and reset the biological clock too. Can't be sleeping at 2am during the exam period, can we?

It's 3 days to the beginning, and 23 days to the end. Something deep in the back of my mind is already looking forward to November 29th, but the realistic part of me just keeps reminding it that November 9th has to come first. It's not the time for despair, but it's also definitely not time for celebration yet.

Recently, I started listening to The Human Abstract again, and I have to say that they're a much better band than I used to give them credit for; Nocturne is a really good album. And while the general consensus is that Midheaven isn't as good, I have to say that this particular song, A Violent Strike, is the song that is currently playing and replaying on my iTunes:



I think I shall sleep now, in an effort to reset my biological clock before the first paper. 11.10pm, what an early night. There was a time when "early night" meant about 10pm.