Thursday, November 18, 2010

Six

Physics was... alright? I hope so? It was, in Bryan's words, "scarily straightforward" for the most part, but DRQ and planning were completely alien, not unlike the dofu and bromobutane questions from chem. The DRQ was on sticking one end of a rod into a tank of hot water, and until now we haven't been able to come to a consensus as to whether or not the gradient of the graph for the wooden rod will be gentler or steeper than the metal rod, and anyway it should totally be gentler! (Yes, I'm asserting my opinion as fact on my blog, go on and sue me) Planning was equally weird, with a solar panel that doesn't generate electricity. I only noticed it ten minutes into starting the DRQ, after happily drawing my solar panel connected to a voltmeter and ammeter, that the solar panel has pipes sticking out of it. Turns out it's a solar panel meant to heat water and not generate electricity (I'm pretty sure those things have a proper name, but I'm also pretty sure I'm not going to argue with the people giving me my grades).

My modem absolutely refuses to remain connected to the internet for longer than 30 minutes at a time, which is seriously pissing me off because I'm using KM for last-minute econs revision and having to go downstairs, hit the modem and hope it does something every once in a while is not doing any favours for my revision or blood pressure *refrains from using vulgarities on his blog*. Now I'm imagining the millions of people all over the world who don't even have computers to begin with, and I feel kind of guilty over being pissed off about this... I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but I very rarely have FML moments nowadays because I always end up guilt-tripping myself whenever I complain about my life. After all, what use is a blog if you can't rant all day over insignificant personal issues, right? Maybe one day I'll suffer from high blood pressure for bottling up my rage.

I've never been one to plan any goals, and now this is starting to worry me a bit. I have friends aiming for their AABB, AAAB, even AAAA for the 'A' levels, and quite honestly I still don't know what I want even at this stage. I guess when everyone else has such high expectations of you, you feel obliged to align your expectations of yourself with theirs, and then you become afraid that you can't pole-vault over that bar you set looming sky-high above you and simply choose to ignore it.

Damn it, econs is tomorrow. I'll report back if I survive.