Monday, November 8, 2010

Thinking without acting

Well, it's November 8th: the start of the 'A' levels. Well, for the geography and history students, anyway. Best of luck guys! :)

When I finished revision for the day, when I settled down and am typing these words now, one thought came to my head:
My 'A' levels start tomorrow.


And then I start to tense up, and my heart beats faster, and I can feel just a hint of a cold sweat forming. I keep thinking to myself: have I done enough? Am I ready? What if I'm not? I can see myself grabbing and clawing at the ground as I'm being dragged towards the fateful day by the hands of the clock. My mind acknowledges that this day must come, but my heart, my animal instincts even, are telling me to run away from what is obviously a threat.

As bad as acting without thinking, is thinking without acting. I've done two years worth of thinking; now's the time to start acting out.