Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seven

Obviously, two years ago someone was seriously pissed.
Then "someone" was put in charge of chem P2 Q2.

I think everyone was taken aback by that question. 22 marks out of 72 is more than 30% of the paper; that means that if you can't do question 2 at all, you literally cannot get an A grade for the paper anymore, even if you score full marks for everything else. To top it off, question 2 was an organic question, which together with the other organic questions in the two papers so far means that organic actually is an overwhelming component in our chem marks this year. Which, of course, sucks. Another thing I'm afraid of is that because there have been so many organic questions so far (and consequently little to no calculation), all the calculations will be crammed into the one-hour paper 1. I already have time management issues for "normal" MCQ papers, so one laden with calculations will be bound to crush me.

The Human Abstract recently released a teaser for their upcoming album "Digital Veil", and it's freakin' awesome:

It's so nice to see THA finally going back to their original Nocturne style (sorry Midheaven, but you were nowhere as good in my opinion. Except for A Violent Strike), with a mix of classical guitar and metalcore. And while I'll definitely be missing Nathan's voice on this album, the new guy (Travis, I believe his name is) brings the more traditional guttural kind of screaming that you find in other bands. It's not as unique, but it might not be worse. We'll see when the album comes out (25th Jan! That's before I enlist! :D ).

Another day's respite, then back into the battle again for physics and econs, two giants in a row. Even though physics is chronologically first, I think my focus will be on econs. Because econs is my weakest subject and I have to spend the most time on it even though, you know, it's the least likely subject I'll be taking in university.

Inefficient? Yes. Illogical? Yes. But the cogwheel doesn't protest against the failings of the machine; it cannot.