Monday, November 1, 2010

It's not you; it's me

OK, I feel quite guilty right now for more or less wasting my entire weekend away. That's 2 days gone. Or to put it in perspective, that was 2 days out of what was originally 11 at the start of the weekend, so I have basically wasted away 18.2% of my remaining time before the 'A' levels. 

That is not a comforting thought.

The worry that keeps swimming around in the back of my head right now is econs. I am absolutely horrible at it, I swear. Starting to have feelings of regret. Should I have taken geog instead? Or even (I can't believe I'm saying this) gone back to those frightfully unpredictable days of lit? There is not a a single drop of humanities blood in me at all, not one drop, but even discounting the "contrasting subject" syllabus requirement I don't have much of a choice (Me? Biology?) so there's really nothing for me to complain about. It just so happens that I'm a guy who can only do three subjects with any level of competency, in a syllabus that requires four. Nothing to blame but my own inadequacy. Which means I now have 9 more days to make myself adequate.